On Wednesday, July 4th, the CWS office will be closed in observance of Independence Day. The team wishes you a happy and safe July 4th with family and friends!
If you have an urgent issue, please call (888) 426-7793.
Any non-urgent concerns can be emailed to support, and the team will get to it ASAP.
In the meantime, here are some facts about the Fourth of July that you may not know:
- Only two people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776: John Hancock and Charles Thomson, Secretary of Congress. Most of the other signers made their mark on August 2nd.
- Benjamin Franklin proposed that the turkey be the national bird. He was overruled by John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, who recommended the bald eagle.
- Approximately 150 million hot dogs and 700 million pounds of chicken are consumed on the Fourth.
- Three United States presidents have died on July 4th: John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and James Monroe. Adams and Jefferson both died on July 4, 1826.
- According to NBC News, fireworks sent 11,000 people to the emergency room in 2016.
Happy Independence Day!