On Wednesday, July 4th, the CWS office will be closed in observance of Independence Day. The team wishes you a happy and safe July 4th with family and friends!
If you have an urgent issue, please call (888) 426-7793.
Any non-urgent concerns can be emailed to email@example.com, and the team will get to it ASAP.
In the meantime, here are some facts about the Fourth of July that you may not know:
- Only two people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776: John Hancock and Charles Thomson, Secretary of Congress. Most of the other signers made their mark on August 2nd.
- Benjamin Franklin proposed that the turkey be the national bird. He was overruled by John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, who recommended the bald eagle.
- Approximately 150 million hot dogs and 700 million pounds of chicken are consumed on the Fourth.
- Three United States presidents have died on July 4th: John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and James Monroe. Adams and Jefferson both died on July 4, 1826.
- According to NBC News, fireworks sent 11,000 people to the emergency room in 2016.
Happy Independence Day!