Office at Company Headquarters: Rochester, MN
Remote office is a possibility for the right candidate.
We are a 17-year-old web design and development company based in the amazing city of Rochester, MN and business is good! As a result, we are looking to add a Copywriter to the CWS team.
CWS, Inc is seeking a contract copywriter. 10-30+ hours per week. On site/and or remote work, or a combination of both. You will start out as a contract employee and must work off your own computer/device.
We need a writer who can write for us and for a wide variety of clients. We’re looking for concise writing that gets to the point, is conversational, fun and compelling. You must be able to shift your voice depending on what client you are writing for. First and formost, you must have excellent skills at writing creative blog posts.
Must be able to write in blog format:
- Writing a great headline
- Creating subheads
- Using bullets and lists
- Knowing when and what to link off to
- Knowing when a graphic is appropriate and when several are appropriate
- Writing compelling content
- Developing calls to action at the end
- Writing error free copy
Must also be able to:
- Attend a one hour weekly content meeting either in person or virtually
- Willingly accept direction. This is a working relationship that will take awhile to get right.
- Adapt as we grow and change, which we do frequently.
- Communicate exceptionally well with us. This means quick response times and short concise emails.
- Hit deadlines. Hit deadlines. Hit deadlines.
- Have some technical capabilities, meaning knowing how to work a blog tool, insert graphics, links, add tags, etc. You will get training on our specific tools but if this piece seems overwhelming to you, then it’s probably not the best fit.
- Organize your tasks. Organization skills and good communication skills are completely necessary.
- Need to come up with ideas for articles
- Meet with clients and be able to take direction from the Salesperson/Project Managers on best approach with client.
- Write other items such as: Website Copy, Downloadable e-books, downlable checklists, copy to accompany video, etc.
HOW YOU CAN SUCCEED AT CWS
Have an attitude of success: You must be self-driven to succeed, because we are so flexible, you have to direct yourself to work hard. It ultimately comes down to your goals. With our help, work your best path to get there, but GET THERE, this is a business after all.
- Follow our processes. They work! And following them helps your teammates.
- Treat your customers as you want to be treated.
- Keep focused. Our flexible environment tends to get social-stay on task.
- Continue to learn. Our products are technical, you should be technical and adopt new technologies openly.
- You should be an early adopter of social media. These mediums are a big part of our lives and our products we offer.
- Highly computer literate goes without saying. If you’re not advanced iat least be willing to get there. We will teach a willing student.
- Be nice! Never gossip. We have a drama free environment and want to keep it that way.
Please fill out our application, upload a resume and include writing samples.
ABOUT CWS, INC.
It may seem a little cliché, but at CWS we wholeheartedly believe you have to love what you do. We are self-driven, motivated, and adaptable folks; and, we're always looking for more creative juice. If you’re passionate about making a difference, growing, learning and helping people... there is a good chance we need you!
CWS, Inc. is an award winning company. We have been listed as a top 100 company in the US to work for by the US Chamber of Commerce for three consecutive years. We are a Sloan Award recipient for our outstanding culture and workplace flexibility and small business of the year by the Chamber of Commerce. Our employees enjoy a totally flexible work environment. We don’t just say it, we mean it. Because we put technology to work for us, employees can work off site or alternate hours. There are awards, free snacks, massages and Thirsty Thursday get togethers.
Check out our reviews on GlassDoor.com
Office/Desk in front of a computer with a great deal of sitting. Will also attend meetings inside or outside of the office from time to time.
Possibility of working remote for the right candidate