This year, daylight savings time occurs Sunday, March 9th.
What if you think of daylight savings time as less about “actually moving the clock” and more about “reminding us to do things that should be done periodically” like changing batteries in smoke detectors.
Because we are techy types, we apply those reminders to the wonderful world of web. Use daylight savings time as an opportunity to do a quick website check:
How to Check Your Website
1. Look at every page to see if you have outdated info.
2. Test any forms on your site. Do they work? Are they going to the right people?
3. Take a look at your staff page. Are there any updates needed, due to comings and goings of staff?
4. Check your Google Analytics, if you don’t already do that on a regular basis.
5. And don’t forget to change the batteries on your website. (jk:)
Does daylight savings time affect your website? Well, no. That was just a tricky headline to get you to read this. But it should. Run a quick check, this will only take a few minutes and then you can go about your business with peace of mind, knowing that the form on your website will really go to someone.
Happy Daylight Savings Time!